|Immaculate Conception, East Pubnico, Nova Scotia
In September,1879, a new church at East Pubnico, replacing an earlier one, was blessed by H.E. the Archbishop of Msgr. Michael Hannay, and dedicated to the Immaculate Conception. Rev. William McLeod was the Rector.
Forty years later, on July 29,1919, the present beautiful Parish Church was blessed by H.E. the Archbishop of Halifax, Msgr. E.J. McCarthy. In the Cemetery at the rear of the church is the grave of Simon dâEntremont, in 1836, the first Acadian ever to take his seat in the Nova Scotia House of Assembly.